Core924 believes each person can……
- set goals of healthy living for themselves and their families in body, mind, soul and spirit recognizing that each one is interdependent of the others
- commit to life-long learning and participation in physical fitness, good nutrition and mental health
- work to overcome co-dependency and depression without drugs
- find his or her worth in Jesus Christ
- yield to the Holy Spirit in actions and words
- constantly pray for themselves, our community and the world
- practice healthy giving of time and resources
- practice honesty, openness and integrity with themselves, other people and God
…..in order to live our best lives here on Earth, anticipating eternity with Jehovah God.
What are the things that keep us from running our best race?
1. We try to do it alone.
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching. ~Hebrews 10:24-25
2. We don’t set goals.
Do you not know that all the runners run but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others. I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. ~1 Corinthians 9:24-27
3. We don’t take care of ourselves mentally, emotionally,…..
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. ~Proverbs 4:23
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with our body. ~1 Corinthians 6:19
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. ~1 Peter 5:8
or understand how all four aspects of our being are related.
4. We don’t know our true worth, or we find our worth in other people and in fixing their problems.
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. ~Matthew 10:29-31
5. We don’t yield to the Holy Spirit.
Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the Lord, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; who go down to Egypt without consulting me; who look for help to Pharaoh’s protection, to Egypt’s shade for refuge. ~Isaiah 30:1-2
6. We don’t pray with power, or at all.
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain “move from here to there” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. ~Matthew 17:20-21
7. We don’t practice healthy giving.
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. ~1 Peter 4:10